Read this blog and much more at its new home, KevinMoyers.com!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Twas the Night Before the Night Before Christmas

...And all through this dump
If you couldn't enjoy this, you must be a chump
The kid's eyes were glued to old Spongebob Squarepants
As dreams of Dos Equis in my head would dance

My girlfriend was nestled up snug on the couch
And I in my chair with my usual slouch
As I scratched my head under my brand new Bears cap
I looked at the gifts and said, "Let's open this crap."

Then Casey said, "Hey, what's that thing over there?"
And opened it to find a pink beanbag chair
Off went the wrappings in small shredded sheets
To find board games, a watch and a Fijit, which beeps

As I charged up the batteries to her brand new LeapPad
I realized this is why it's great to be Dad
The smile on her face with each unopened gift
Is exactly the thing that I need for a lift

But this fun is not over, we have two more nights
Of opening gifts while we look at the lights
And a Christmas Day dinner we spend with the Greats
And five helpings of mashed potatoes on Casey's plate

So I say to you all that my Christmas was good
And I took the week off from this blog, as I should
So with poetry, this week I'm finally here
Merry Holidays to all, and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment